Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Could Just Cry

I went to water the garden tonight and I found utter carnage. The guy who we pay to mow the lawn had taken his weed whacker to my garden beds. Any part of the watermelon plants that was spilling over the garden border in the children's garden was chopped all up. I found the the baby watermelon below chopped from the vine and trompled.

Then when I walked over to check on the main garden plants my heart sank further. All of the lillies of the valley were completely gone as well as that flowering plant I couldn't remember the name of. Who takes a weed whacker to a garden bed? I walked over to Barry's house and he walked with me around the beds to survey the damage. I asked him to kindly ask the lawn guy to keep his machines out of my garden. I thought we had already made that clear but I'm wondering if the guy didn't understand. I'm trying not to be angry. I am more just disappointed and sad.

In happier news, I planted the three Minuet Weigela plants in the back of the main garden. I can't wait to see how they grow. They're supposed to get 30 inches tall and 30 inches wide and have gorgeous pink flowers. I also transplanted the Roseum Pink Rhododendrum from the main garden to the playground. It was getting too much sun in the main garden. I might eventually move the hydrangea over there also but I might not. Oh, and a bit of clarification, the plants I put in the pots flanking the main doors are emerald green arborvitae, asiatic jasmine, and vinca.


No comments:

Post a Comment