Monday, April 19, 2010

4-16-10 I've Got Blistas on My Fingas

  No really, I do actually have blisters on two of my fingers on my right hand. But, it was totally worth it. I got all of those border plants trimmed along the old chapel garden, the elevator entrance garden (which I also call the kitchen garden), and along the church sign. I still need to trim the plants near the tower entrance but that can wait until Monday.
  If you look at the picture above you'll notice a few stray daffodils have popped up. I must confess that I planted them last month knowing full well that I was supposed to wait until the Fall to plant my spring bulbs. With our roller coaster Spring weather the bulbs can't tell which season it is. So, they've started to bloom...a month late (or later than the daffodils planted by other gardeners in the Fall). Some of my flowers were chopped down by whoever mowed the lawn. But, I was warned when I planted them that they might get trimmed by accident.

I've also included some before and after pictures of the old chapel garden. The plants sprouting up between the azaleas are irises I think. Whatever they are I remember them being beautiful last year. I guess we will all find out soon enough. 

The shaggy before picture
The tidy after picture

No comments:

Post a Comment